Monday, June 12, 2023

2023W23 Review

-18p, -1.6% capital
69% win rate
Sounds like a more realistic but rather frustrating week

Started the week being too cautious, due to the "good result" from last week (good is the enemy of great?). It gave me a strong fear of losing money, to "mess my record". 

Not that I took too early profit, but just feeling "under trade". I overlooked thin S&R lines and only waited for thick ones. It didn't hurt my trade record, but the mentality wasn't completely right.

Was well on Monday and Tuesday, but Wednesday was bad, with 3 full losses that translated into about 12% weekly drawdown in a day. It's again deflating...

That's when the voices and thoughts of "face the fact that losses are part of trading" came. It didn't feel so bad if it wasn't for Alex making huge profits. It felt like I had got so much more to catch up, to learn, which means far away from realizing the goal (of being financially independent).

A few wins after that but it felt really small in comparison.

The main reason the week ended with "only" -18p loss was a >40p win from a limit sell placed since a few days before, opened during my whisky tasting session.

Thoughts of the week: I'm not there yet, still making big losses and lucky wins; I'm still emotional, feeling wanna give up after "the record was messed up"; Those losses weren't bad trades, just part of the performance with my current skillset; I'm not there yet, but I'm not totally lost anymore.

Grade: B




~~

No comments:

Post a Comment