Monday, July 31, 2023

2023W30 Review

Win rate 79.3%, -144.6 pips, -9.34% equity loss in 29 trades.

A losing week after 4 weeks. A reality check? Down back to earth?

In a way, it makes everything more "real", at least for me. In my current perspective and understanding, it's rather unrealistic to be profitable every single week. Of course, there are a number of people who claim / reported to be like that. But at least for me, I don't consider myself near those levels yet.

Thursday night was key. GDP data was good, pointing to a bearish Gold. When I watched it, it was swinging, and was probably showing some bullish candles, which compelled me to enter a long. Lesson learnt is, with ONE position opened, then I will always be biased to winning / saving that trade, that's why I ended up with 3 positions, risking nearly 30% of my capital.

In fact, in one of the 3 positions, I could have closed a win, if I hadn't aimed for 20 or 30 pips. Recalling the live trading time, when I was aiming for 30 or 50 pips... that's when the win rate crashed and equity depleted.

Grade: C

One bad night was enough to ruin a week. If it was 2 bad nights? Disaster!



~~

No comments:

Post a Comment