Sunday, June 13, 2010

GBPUSD #4 - First Try of Using Open Order



In 4H chart, after price action bounced up after hitting cloud bottom, I was always looking out for a reversal sign (note: again, was I biased??). I identified several possibilities of resistance:

1. 2/3 retracement, approx. 1.4608
2. Top of cloud, approx. 1.4630
3. 80% retracement, approx 1.4661
4. EMA200 on 4H chart

While observing price action around the first few options, there were no clear sign of weakness (although it always showed a few fake moves). Finally I thought it should not break the EMA200, and even it does, won't be by a big margin, else it would be break the small white x. So, I placed an open short order around EMA200.

When I wake up, there wasn't anything in my "Open Position" window. But that was just because my order had been matched, and SL triggered T_T

Lesson learnt? Hm...I don't think it's so wise for a beginner like me to put an open order just like that? Not until I can forecast the market rather better.

By the way, I didn't fail to notice a nice reversal sign on 4H chart, a Dark Cloud Cover was formed! But due to technical problems, I couldn't place an order -.-

~~

No comments:

Post a Comment